You're Invited: Best&Less The Bestest Virtual Christmas Carols27th November 2020
You’re invited! The Best&Less The Bestest Virtual Christmas Carols are right around the corner, and we’re so excited to invite you all to attend our online event. After a super long year, we’re so excited to sit down in front of our screens, sing along to some classic carols, and spend time with the family. With special guests like Chris Sebastian, Timomatic and The Fairies, and hosted by Natalie Bassingthwaite, there’s something for everyone to be excited about. To make the evening all the more special, we here at Best&Less have created a range of fun activities for the whole family. Check out some of our downloadable activity sheets for the kids, or our carols songbook, so they can get creative while they sing along, or check out our favourite festive recipe below, and the whole family can cook together!
How to Make ‘Strawberry Santa’s’.
For this quick and easy recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 2 punnets of strawberries
- 150mL of thickened cream
- 1 chocolate icing pen OR chocolate sprinkles
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- And 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
Making these adorable Strawberry Santa’s is fun and breezy, follow our quick steps below for delicious little treats:
- Mix together the thickened cream, vanilla essence and caster sugar in a bowl, and whip until the mixture doesn't fall off the spoon/whisk.
- Cut the stalks off of the strawberries, then slice them in half horizontally.
- Using the mixture from step one, fill a piping bag (or improvise with a zip lock bag), and start putting the icing in between the two halves of the strawberry. Place the halves together, and put a small amount of icing on top of the strawberry too.
- Grab your chocolate icing pen or sprinkles, and add little eyes to the icing mixture to finish off your Santa.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, then your strawberry Santa's are ready to eat!
This fun recipe is easy to be enjoyed while watching our virtual carols event, and is great to cool down during the hot Aussie December. To be included in all of the fun, make sure you RSVP to our event! We hope to see you all on Sunday the 6th of December at 6:30pm AEDT for some festive fun.